Feb 14, 2007

Feb 14th

As I sit here and ponder what I want to put into words there is a calming snow falling outside. It is the first major storm of the season which feels a bit odd because the season is half over. Today is obviously Valentines day which to me is a bit of a big joke. It is a holiday that helps give us a reason to spend money .. No more, no less ..

I honestly don't believe that love can be broken down in materialistic ways such as this. I know in my case that Dee treats me well enough to feel like today is no more special than any other day that I awake to see her beautiful face and her shining smile. She is the love of my life. She is my best friend and most of all she is my rock ...

Like all married couples we still make it a point of separating ourselves with some hard earned cash. So this morning she handed me a nice box with a beautiful gold 16" "Snake" chain. She had seen me looking at them and knew I thought they were nice. It is awesome but most of all it makes me feel good that she pays attention to things like that more than ever ...

I gave her a "snake" chain with a sun charm on it, after all she lights my world up every time I am around her ....

If Valentines is a day that you celebrate then please enjoy it, but while you are think about this... Make it a basis for everyday with your mate, life is way too precious not too ...

~K~

No comments: