Jan 8, 2008

Primary Day

Well it is primary day in NH and I’m happy it is almost over. While I totally understand the stakes in this race I have to admit I’m a little sick of being stuck in the middle of all the hustle and national coverage. Sunday during one of our weekly breakfast runs to our favorite diner we spent the entire meal sitting next to a Boston (WBZ) news crew interviewing patrons about their political views.

This isn’t the first time this has happened to us, this also happened at a little diner up in Manchester NH that we frequent. As we were sitting eating our breakfast Gov Bill Richardson campaign and news crew came into the diner. It seems like the tiny state of New Hampshire suddenly comes alive every 4 years.

Upon returning home this Sunday we received no less than 3 calls from Hillary Clinton campaign inviting us to her final rally Monday night and it was by list only, if you didn’t get your name on the list you couldn’t attend. .. Needless to say my wife and I declined the invite.
I have received a couple of comments on the pictures I recently posted that really hit me. They were so positive that it helps put things further into perspective for me. I want to personally thank those people for the comments because they were unsolicited and to be, an unsolicited comment is a genuine comment! I am of the belief that if it was something negative then they simply would not take the time to post so it doesn’t get much more basic than that!

In the coming days at the advice of a friend I will be going through some old photographs and hopefully get some before and after shots up to show the changes. I think the difference is something that can certainly help other people going through this issue. I’ve come a long way since Aug of 2005, so if I can do it then anyone can.

I was discussing this with my friend Annah yesterday and mentioned how just 2 years ago I couldn’t even discuss this issue with someone else, now I am able to post pictures and not feel bad about it. The old saying "You’ve come a long way baby" is certainly fitting in this circumstance.

Until next time Keep Rockin
~K~

No comments: