Jul 24, 2008

boom boom out go the lights

The weather is crazy here today, we are having amazing thunderstorms pop through. At one point our whole building shook from the boom and the power flickered. I am never bored when it comes to a thunderstorm, I'm so in awe of the power they produce in a relatively short amount of time. If this keeps up I expect the power to go out at some point today…

In a bazaar turn of events my coworker has started referring to me in feminine pronouns out of the blue today. I am so happy to hear this as I haven't requested that happen here yet as I'm not out a work. He told me that he has wanted to start but was trying to be mindful not wanting to slip if the wrong people were I the room. He's done a good job of not judging me and he's been somewhat protective of me here since he's known. At one point he mentioned to another coworker who knows that he doesn't believe this is a choice. He has stated that there is such a difference in my everyday demeanor that there has to be something to it. It is so nice to have someone look against the grain to see the truth when it comes to gender variant issues.

Today Dee had left work to take my granddaughter to her Dr's appointment. My daughter has gotten herself a new job and because she just started she didn't want to make a bad impression by taking time off. Dee working for the Govt she has more time than she knows what to do with and enjoys taking care of GG. The other day as we were flipping through some recent pictures she commented how much she loves her granddaughter. It was so heartwarming to hear…

I have another blog I've been tossing around in my head about sexuality. I've been thinking about this for sometime and I actually had a rough draft written quite a while ago. I'm not sure that I should post it. While I don't mind being open about things I often wonder if there needs to be a line drawn somewhere.

I think one of the things that has amazed some of the people closest to me is the fact that I'm so open to answering questions now, even if slightly personal. To know me as Kev you would have known a person that was incredibly private and reserved about personal things. I was like that for obvious reasons, mainly keeping people at a distance so they wouldn't fully "know" my secret or me. Ever since I started stepping out of my box and stripping the payers of Kev away I have become much more open to people and I actually love it. It leaves little room for secrets and lets face it , secrets are just baggage. It is one of the freest feelings that I think I've found in transition …

~Karyn~

No comments: