Jun 11, 2007

round and round

Seems like a never-ending loop sometimes. Monday morning to get to Friday, enjoy as much of your weekend as possible and get back to Monday to go to work again. I don’t know why but I’m extremely tired today yet I didn’t go to bed any later than normal. I certainly think it has a lot to do with the weather as it has been cloudy and rainy on and off for the last few days.

Saturday morning started out as planned, we got up, got ready and headed out to have bagels and coffee. The problem was that ½ the state of NH had the same idea and there was no way we could find somewhere to sit and enjoy bagels so we decided to form a back up plan. 1 block down next to the Harley dealer we frequent is a Friendly’s restaurant.

I should have realized this was a mistake, they have never really been known for their food as the are mainly and Ice Cream parlor. I don’t feel too bad though as the start of Bike week loaded the place with a bunch of bikers that didn’t know any better than me about their disappointing food. The place was packed and there was a wait to get in! This was when I remembered it was the start of bike week. To create further misery it was raining and there were several out of state bikers there trying to get dry and warm.

I have to admit I’ve become a bit spoiled because we live in the state that boasts the oldest bike rally in the country. It’s easy for Diane and I to hop on our bikes, drive for 45 minutes and be in the middle of the festivities. Not something easy enough for a lot of enthusiasts who ride in from all over the country, so if it rains I just don’t take my bike out of the garage they one the other hand, travel hundreds or thousands of miles to hotels that they have paid for.

After a lackluster breakfast our first stop was Off Broadway Shoe and the target was sandals. Diane helped find me some light sandals and we found her some new sneakers. The only issue I had was that I was hoping for flats and ended up with a slight heel. I’m still not 100% sold on these and I’m thinking or returning them. I really want a pair of comfortable and cute flats.
After shoe shopping we decided to stop at the Harley dealer to see what was going on. They were BBQ’in in the rain preparing for an onslaught of bikers. If you have never ridden and especially never ridden Harley’s you wouldn’t know about stuff like this. Generally Harley dealers will host free cookouts and such for road weary bikers heading to rally’s. It’s good for business as it is one of their busiest times and the state of NH usually swells to about 250,000 to 350,000 bikes during the course of the week.

While at Harley we looked at a few bikes as Diane has been contemplating selling her 883 and moving up to a newer 1200. We then went over to look at the clothing. Diane picked out a nice top for herself and I spied a nice tank that I liked. Generally I have no problem with a large so we grabbed a large and then Diane spotted a girls biker shirt she liked for me. It’s a bit of a salmon color and is a short sleeved top but it has one interesting feature. There is a mesh window in the cleavage area and she thought it would look cute. I honestly think the old saying payback is a bitch comes into play with this transition as I always encouraged Diane to wear sexy things. Now I’m on the receiving end and I have to admit it can be a bit embarrassing to be looked at like that. In all honesty I figured I couldn’t pull this top off.

With that said we decided to head home and do some things before heading out for dinner later and ultimately some more top shopping. Upon getting home and trying on my new tank I am sad to say it is way too small. Even being tagged a large it fits Diane and she doesn’t care for it. I guess it will have to go back in favor of an XL. The Salmon colored top was up next and when I turned to show Diane she looked like a guy who has just seen his first pair of tata's! Apparently I CAN pull off cleavage like that, who would have guessed …

For dinner we decided to go to one of Diane’s local favorites "The Common Man" and she got baked mac n cheese which she loves. The one disappointment was that her favorite dessert of all time is at this place "White Chocolate Mousse" and I’m sad to report it is no longer on their menu. I felt so heartbroken for Dee as it seems the whole meal leads up to 5 minutes of heaven for her … and now it’s gone. :o(

After dinner we decided to try Marshalls and TJ Maxx for tops. Marshalls had some really cute tops but nothing that made me want to jump at it. TJ Maxx on the other hand seemed to be the jackpot. I found 4 really cute tops and all 4 seem to fit me fairly well which is nice. The idea was that I wanted to get some tops that were bit nicer than just t-shirts and tanks that I’ve been wearing the most of. The 4 tops are dressy enough with jeans to look nice, a nice casual look. I’m slowly learning now that some of the stuff I would have shy away from will actually fit me now which is nice. All in all I really enjoyed my day with her, it was very relaxing and I’m hoping to spend more time like that with her.

The flip said has been that Dee was never a shopper, she simply hated it. It seems that she is enjoying it more now as she feverishly went through racks of tops looking for the right things with me … it’s so cute to see …

Sunday for the most part was a pretty uneventful day, the sun was out, we did an early breakfast and our grocery shopping. Later on in the day we re-colored our hair. I have to say that I’m not happy with this new color, it’s just way to dark for me …. Next time around I’m going lighter …
~K~

No comments: